“If you enjoy poker, this book speaks your language! Mark helps fathers learn about themselves and learn what to do with their kids at the same time. You'll be motivated and equipped to ‘go all in’ with your kids.”
- Brock Griffin, National Center for Fathering – fathers.com
FINALLY – a parenting book men will want to read! Why?
Because author Mark Borowski uses the language and strategies of poker and relates them to parenting. Big Slick – an Ace and a King – is one of the best hands in poker and this book helps fathers create a successful parenting hand. Using his 20-plus years of card-playing experience, author Mark Borowski shows how the same strategies that help you win at poker can help you win at parenting.
With real-life stories of fathers who have applied these ideas and insightful examples, this is the entertaining and helpful resource you’ll wish someone had given you the day your first child was born. Read it and reap.
You will discover:
- Your own answers to introspective questions that help create strong, healthy relationships with your kids.
- Examples and stories from successful parents who model the behavior they explain.
- Many ways you influence your children on a daily basis, and how to ensure they’re positive.
- How and why to turn common negative situations into positive ones with a simple approach.
- The profound short- and long-term impact that limits and expectations have on children.